Saturday 13 September 2014

Claas Senator 80 - Combine Harvester


This is a small field of cut barley, near Hingham Norfolk.  I watched the barley growing and wondered how they were going to cut it.  It is such a small piece of land and most modern combines would be too large to manoeuvre comfortably on it.



Then I noticed that the field had been cut and that this little combine had done the job.



Upon closer inspection and after doing some research, I found out it was a Claas Senator 80. 



It is a small combine with a 12ft header.




I wondered if this was little Claas was someone's restoration project.
 
There was another major mechanical problem.  A back wheel and axle failure that was very noticeable.
I hope that the need to plough will mean that it is moved to a shed, where restoration will continue.  Though I appreciate that getting it off the field will be difficult in it's current condition.

To my mind though, this machine is still a little prince.

1 comment: